Monday, September 24, 2012

TRAVELS IN THE U.K.

                                                                        Fish pond Old Dalby

During my recent travels in the U.K. I tried to record some of my impressions in the sketch book that I carry with me. In a sense this journey has been a continuation of my earlier expedition in the Wyanad not so far from my home in a village near to Bangalore. That trip I kept an account of under the title "Honey Gatherers". The concept of food gathering, which goes back to our ancient migrant cultures can be understood in a new way as we become Global citizens. Travelling abroad has always been a source of inspiration to writers, painters, and others for whom crossing boundaries both geographic and cultural is an enriching experience. In the following images I hope to express some of my own thoughts related to travelling abroad, and also to finding new ways of discovering the spirit of a place.

No comments: